Reading Room (240)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Single Fathers

I have custody of my daughter, yes daughter, and I've had custody of her since the day she was released from the hospital at birth. I'm see…

Started by James R. Shannon

0 Apr 29, 2007

Swedish mysteries.

That's been my big thing for the last month. I've been reading Håkan Nesser, Helene Tursten and Kjell Eriksson, I'll read Inger Frimansson…

Started by pr

11 Apr 29, 2007
Reply by pr

Pulp Fiction

Happily my copy of "Murder is Never Pretty ... Even When the Corpse is a Blonde" by "Joe Blake" arrived this morning - so that's it for any…

Started by Karen from AustCrime

5 Apr 28, 2007
Reply by Christa Faust

Has anyone read Cormac McCarthy's "The Road"

I understand that Cormac McCarthy's earlier books are hard reading, but his Pulitzer Prize winning "The Road" is not only is easy reading,…

Started by JackBludis

13 Apr 25, 2007
Reply by Sarah Weinman

Why do you read crime fiction?

I've Got a Question for You— Today, several of my co-workers tried to engage me in a conversation about the sick screenplays of the VA Tec…

Started by Jordan Dane

46 Apr 24, 2007
Reply by Daniel Hatadi

Most Influential Crime/Mystery Novel This Decade?

We are almost 7.5 years into this decade (where does the time go?). So I am wondering, what is the sole, most influential crime/mystery nov…

Started by Gumshoe Carl

34 Apr 24, 2007
Reply by Daniel Hatadi

Historical Crime Fiction

One of my deficits as a reader of literary and crime fiction is that I am unable to read books set very far in the past. It seems too much…

Started by Patricia Abbott

28 Apr 23, 2007
Reply by Eliza Tucker

Recommended Publishers

I'm just writing out my wish list for himself to take to San Francisco (in case he gets an hour's shopping time outside the conference he's…

Started by Karen from AustCrime

2 Apr 19, 2007
Reply by Donna Moore

Do awards influence which books you buy?

I remember when I heard the news that Cornelia Read was nominated for the “Best First Novel By An American Author” Edgar. I was very happy…

Started by Evil Kev

19 Apr 17, 2007
Reply by Dee Savoy

Four Books, All Slim, At Least One of Them Not Crime

Last year on Mystery Circus I asked for ideas for books for our one carryon bag trip through Eastern Europe and got fabulous ideas which ma…

Started by Patricia Abbott

17 Apr 17, 2007
Reply by Patricia Abbott

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service