Reading Room (240)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

James Lee Burke Out West

I've read a good number of James Lee Burke's Robicheaux novels and like the murky dark Southern feel to them. Burke's Western-set mysteries…

Started by Jackson Burnett

8 Jul 19, 2012
Reply by nono nono

NYT reviews Stephen King's new epic

The review is here, and generally positive--although the reviewer does point out a couple of King's sentence-level clunkers, and makes a re…

Started by Jon Loomis

98 Jun 26, 2012
Reply by Celia Cummings

Does anyone else choose books by the locales in them?

I recently moved to Houston and started reading Galveston by Nic Pizzolatto just because I like to read books that feature places where I'v…

Started by Stuart Matthew Davis

21 May 28, 2012
Reply by Jen Hilborne

What's most important to you...

...when you're selecting a book. I'm curious what influences you in the selection process. 1 being the most important, 7 being the least im…

Started by David DeLee

25 May 13, 2012
Reply by Tim Scanlon

Audio Books

I'm always on the lookout for new audiobooks. Just liking the author isn't always enough; you've gotta like the reader. To give you an idea…

Started by John Schmierer

1 Mar 31, 2012
Reply by I. J. Parker

Second Novel just released - Scent of Gardenia

My second novel in the Scott Tucker series was just published. After much consideration I decided to publish using Amazon's KDP process. I…

Started by Dick C Waters

1 Mar 15, 2012
Reply by Jed Power

Pace of Reading on an E-reader

If you've got a farncy e-reader, do you find you read faster or slower? Do you read more books now that you have one?   Everything I've hea…

Started by Benjamin Sobieck

25 Feb 21, 2012
Reply by John Black

Lilian Jackson Braun - dead, dying...or alive?

Has anyone read the latest "Cat Who--" book? (60 Whiskers) What's your opinion? Do you think the author is still alive and writing them? If…

Started by Jackie Houchin

59 Feb 15, 2012
Reply by Caroline McKenzie

E-Book formatting

Now that I own a Kindle, I bought myself the latest Wallander novel by Henning Mankell.  The book is a big disappointment, but one of the t…

Started by I. J. Parker

29 Feb 7, 2012
Reply by I. J. Parker

comedy+heist book suggestion

hi can anyone please suggest me some good comedy heist books... like the movies ladykillers, welcome to colinwood..must be comedy..must be…

Started by south

8 Sep 22, 2011
Reply by Stuart Matthew Davis

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service