Reading Room (240)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Readers: do you keep records?

Do you keep records of books you've read? How long have you done it? Why did you start? What do you use to do it? What do you record about…

Started by Kerrie

46 Jun 13, 2007
Reply by becky brown

There's a long weekend coming up... decisions decisions decisions

What should I read... the Queens Birthday Long weekend is upon us - it's the official start of the ski season (which I'll be ignoring with…

Started by Karen from AustCrime

11 Jun 11, 2007
Reply by Margot Renne Payne

Book Discussions - how do you feel about them?

If you are a reader - what do you get out of them? Do you like them to target the book closely or be of a more general nature? How long do…

Started by Kerrie

19 Jun 10, 2007
Reply by Kerrie

Crime in translation

I've been enjoying a lot of crime in translation recently. It's good to get away from the usual haunts of the UK and US, or from English-la…

Started by Iain Rowan

11 Jun 9, 2007
Reply by Laura Root

What really puts you off

I'm reading a book at the moment which isn't bad, or it wasn't bad, until the author had a central policeman character make a particularly…

26 Jun 8, 2007
Reply by Laura Root

Learning to Kill

Anyone read this collection of Ed McBain short stories? They were all written at the start of his career, before he got going with the 87th…

Started by Christa M. Miller

2 Jun 6, 2007
Reply by Johnno

Barefoot among the books

What have you read in the last six months or so that really knocked your socks off? For extra points - why do you suppose you were suddenl…

Started by Barbara Fister

27 Jun 4, 2007
Reply by Barbara Fister

Ned Kelly Nominees for 2007 have been released

http://www.austcrimefiction.org/index.php/Nedkelly (for a list and links to the authors / books). There are a lot of nominees again, but w…

6 Jun 2, 2007
Reply by Laura Root

Humorous Novels

If this topic appeared before I apologize, but my mother asked me to find her some humourous crime novels such as Evanovich writes. Can any…

Started by Patricia Abbott

16 Jun 2, 2007
Reply by Laura Root

Gangster Books: Are They Dead Or Alive

What has happened to Gangster books. Are these sort of books no longer popular. Ive just finished reading Don Winslow's The Winter Of Frank…

Started by Jason Kelly

6 May 27, 2007
Reply by Stuart MacBride

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service