Reading Room (240)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Crime Up Front?

Do you prefer your crime fiction with a crime up front and an investigation / resolution. Or do you prefer the style where there's a long…

Started by Karen from AustCrime

6 May 20, 2007
Reply by Laura Root

Do You Use LibraryThing?

After a recent discussion on the record keeping habits of readers, I was inspired to create an account at LibraryThing. One of the members…

Started by Daniel Hatadi

18 May 19, 2007
Reply by Rebecca26

Hero VS Anti-Hero...Who does it for you?

As long as I can remember, I have prefered an anti-hero over a hero anyday; and my fictional and screen tastes were fashioned long before t…

Started by DADavenport

10 May 16, 2007
Reply by Karen from AustCrime

Reading things published many years ago

On oz_mystery_readers on Yahoo we recently read Fergus Hume's The Mystery of a Hansom Cab for discussion. (http://www.austcrimefiction.org

2 May 10, 2007
Reply by DADavenport

This Is the One

What I was wondering the other day was whether I could point to one book (or one story) that changed everything for me. I started reading c…

Started by Bill Crider

16 May 10, 2007
Reply by Bill Crider

Who's making you go googly-eyed?

I finally have in my hands The 50/50 Killer by Steve Mosby. I am sooo happy I know Steve, so I was able to get my hands on a copy with plen…

Started by Sandra Ruttan

14 May 10, 2007
Reply by Jane Hill

narrative fiction

I've noticed more and more references to narrative fiction lately. What exactly is narrative fiction? Is it really just literary fiction? I…

Started by Anne Frasier

10 May 8, 2007
Reply by Bill Cameron

A Gentle Madness?

Anyone a book collector? I'm more of an accumulator, and much to the dismay of my wife I've accumulated thousands (and thousands) of books.…

Started by Bill Crider

39 May 8, 2007
Reply by Bill Crider

Easter Eggs....well, sort of.

About half-way through my ARC of SAFE AND SOUND, by J.D. Rhoades. Unless names are changed in the final version, you'll find some of the ch…

Started by Don Anderson

3 May 6, 2007
Reply by Fran Read

What Did you Read Last Month?

Mine wasn't a bad month at all - no absolute duds, couple of outstandings: The Caller, Alex Barclay The Savage Garden, Mark Mills Cross,…

14 May 4, 2007
Reply by Laura Root

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service