Reading Room (240)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Crime novels with female killers

my interest in reading crime books again was sparked by an ad I saw for a book recently boasting a female who kills purely for pleasure. I…

Started by Dave Lolaiy

14 Feb 16, 2011
Reply by charlie ness

Literary vs. commercial novels

I'm sampling a few of the Booker nominees. The Booker prize is given out by the British for the best novel of the year.  As a rule, the nov…

Started by I. J. Parker

35 Feb 6, 2011
Reply by I. J. Parker

M.C. Beaton's Death of a Chimney Sweep

New York Times bestselling author M. C. Beaton is back with a new mystery featuring Scotland's most laconic and low-tech policeman. Death…

Started by Brianne

3 Jan 22, 2011
Reply by Stephen Brayton

What Does Raymond Chandler Have To Teach Us?

I've been on a recent Chandler kick, and have been making mental notes about what I can take away from him to use in my own writing: 1. Kee…

Started by Jim Thomsen

29 Dec 28, 2010
Reply by Dana King

The Last Days of American Crime

It's a bit unconventional (it's a heist story injected with just a touch of sci fi), but has anyone here been reading The Last Days of Amer…

Started by Trevor Dunn

1 Dec 4, 2010
Reply by Wes Miller

Do You Own/Regularly Use an E-Reader?

I don't, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested.Wait, let me re-write that. Too many negatives.I don't, but I'm interested in them. (That…

Started by Benjamin Sobieck

63 Nov 6, 2010
Reply by Annie Dog

Reading Habits--True Confessions Part A (Serialists)

I confess.  If I know that a book is part of a series, I almost can't read it until I read the first of the series and catch up.  Moreover,…

Started by Anne Claybrook

7 Nov 3, 2010
Reply by Annie Dog

B&N Takes on the iPad with NOOKcolor

Barnes & Noble's new incarnation of the Nook looks a lot like an iPad. Check it out here: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nookcolor/index

Started by Benjamin Sobieck

4 Nov 2, 2010
Reply by Mel

Anyone looking forward to Tom Clancy's newest in December?

I should think it has a toe in the crime genre   It's called Dead or Alive and is due out end of this year I think it marks his first book…

Started by Frank Zubek

10 Sep 12, 2010
Reply by J W Nelson

Crime (Fiction, that is) Goes Global

The weekend article in the Wall Street Journal discussing the latest publishing craze (international mystery novels) got me thinking about…

Started by Patrick Balester

62 Jul 19, 2010
Reply by Erich R. Sysak

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service