Schmooze Lounge (176)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Now What?

And so I join the ranks of the published. St. Martin's is going to publish my medieval noir VEIL OF LIES in 2008. It's so cool I can hardly…

Started by Jeri Westerson

10 May 22, 2007
Reply by Jeri Westerson

Agents or Publishers?

My roommate and I published our books this year with BookSurge and are currently handselling copies. Naturally, we would LOOOVVVVEEE a comm…

Started by Jane Mitchell

4 May 19, 2007
Reply by Jane Mitchell

Best Promo tools

Bartender, I'll take a Bon Voyage please. Best drink I've ever had. Now, down to business. I'm fishing for promo ideas and so my question i…

Started by Scarlett Dean

3 May 13, 2007
Reply by Steven Torres

Most amusing over-the-top BPS ever?

I was at the LAT Book Festival this weekend and witnessed some real doozies. I was hard pressed to pick a winner for the funniest BPS momen…

Started by Christa Faust

29 May 12, 2007
Reply by Newt Love

Fishing for blurbs at conferences

I'd love to get one or more well-known authors to write a blurb for my book, and the Malice conference seems like an ideal place to begin.…

Started by Julie Lomoe

10 May 8, 2007
Reply by Julie Lomoe

Too Many Awards?

What with all the new forum categories, I hardly know where to post. This seems like as good a place as any. After coming back from New Yo…

Started by Bill Crider

33 May 4, 2007
Reply by Bill Crider

Gender inequity and book promotion?

Was reading an interesting Huffington Post entry about women for president, and a lot of the points the writer made seemed salient as far a…

Started by Christa M. Miller

3 May 4, 2007
Reply by Sandra Ruttan

Should you post your first chapters online?

Hi. I was checking out another author's page at crimespace, was interested in reading first chapters of her novels online, and asked if she…

Started by Charles Kelly

23 Apr 30, 2007
Reply by Joy Calderwood

Thinking of getting a "real" job - with books

Long story short... we're considering a move south, but being the progressive couple we are ;) we don't want to restrict job opportunities…

Started by Christa M. Miller

3 Apr 29, 2007
Reply by Anne Frasier

True Confession Time

I'd like to hear from you seasoned veterans-What recommendations would you have for a new author who is a year from his/her first book rele…

Started by Jordan Dane

14 Apr 28, 2007
Reply by Jordan Dane

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service