Forum Discussions (2,613)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Greetings from outside the bar

Well, I should have gone to the bar, I suppose, but I've had so many cups of coffee today I couldn't face another drink. Just wanted to…

Started by Karen MacInerney in The Main Bar

15 Mar 18, 2007

Story, Narrative And Heavy Lifting

The other day I ran into the keynote presentation from the SXSW technology conference by Will Wright, creator of a video game called the Si…

Started by Stephen Blackmoore in Writer's Den

16 Mar 17, 2007
Reply by Daniel Hatadi

Genre classification is just pattern recognition

Our brains are biochemically hard-wired to recognise familiar patterns almost instantaneously. A staggering amount of parallel processing g…

Started by Daniel Hatadi in The Main Bar

34 Mar 17, 2007
Reply by Steve Allan

where would you go?

I so want to get the hell out of Dodge. Turn in this book, go somewhere gorgeous, where there are plenty of drinks and people to cart them…

Started by Toni McGee Causey in The Main Bar

34 Mar 16, 2007
Reply by Steve Allan

What book are you really looking forward to?

To piggyback on Laura's discussion about reading... I'm looking forward to Dennis Lehane's new one, about the Boston Police Strike. And…

Started by Christa M. Miller in Reading Room

34 Mar 16, 2007
Reply by Sunnie Gill

William Kent Krueger Saved Me From Noir Snobbery

The discussion about "must reads" and the subsequent thread drift into talking about classifications--"cozy", "noir/hardboiled", "tradition…

Started by J.D. Rhoades in Reading Room

35 Mar 16, 2007
Reply by Laura Root

Any mystery-related film events I should know about?

I would have asked this months ago on EMWA if I'd thought of it, but this seems like a better place for it anyway. Anybody know any crim…

Started by Keith Snyder in Box Office

3 Mar 16, 2007

Derringer Awards

Short mystery/crime stories can be nominated until tomorrow (March 16) midnight by editors for the Derringer Awards. For more information v…

Started by Sandra Ruttan in The Main Bar

6 Mar 16, 2007

You're a private eye, really?

I've been a fan of fictional private eyes since I first saw Humphrey Bogart as Sam Spade and Philip Marlowe. The affinity led me to take ch…

Started by Gerald So in Reading Room

11 Mar 15, 2007
Reply by Daniel Hatadi

Thanks Everyone!

International Ken Bruen Appreciation Day was launched on a whim, on Sunday night, and it spread like wildfire. I want to thank each person…

Started by Sandra Ruttan in The Main Bar

4 Mar 13, 2007

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search