Forum Discussions (2,613)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Back after hiatus

Hello CrimeSpace community, I joined this awesome group several years ago, got lost in a sea of other responsibilities, and am now returnin…

Started by Lisa Towles in The Main Bar

1 Nov 16, 2016
Reply by Dave Workman

Cars issued to US detectives.

My work-in-progress is a crime novel set in California.  The protagonist is a long-serving detective in Robbery/Homicide in San Francisco. …

Started by Denis OLeary in The Main Bar

3 Nov 11, 2016
Reply by Dave Workman

What are you watching in the way of mystery material?

I'm watching new Mentalist & Castle.   Elementary & reruns of S. Holmes.  Tired of FBI connection in series.  Liked the CBI in Ment…

Started by MC - Tina in Box Office

31 Nov 3, 2016
Reply by Susan

Best crime novels set in the 1960s

I've been asked to write an article on the 10 best crime novels set in the 1960s. I've got my own ideas - but I'd like to hear what other p…

Started by Peter Bartram in The Main Bar

12 Oct 25, 2016
Reply by Peter Bartram

Similar to Stuart Macbride, but DARKER?

Hi there Crimespace people. I have just joined here, on the recommendation of a friend from Goodreads.  I have been a fan of Stuart Macbri…

Started by Scott Michael Heath in Reading Room

0 Oct 17, 2016

Annual Call For Donations 2016

Hey folks,As you may be aware, Ning.com, the company who provides the servers and service for Crimespace to run on, charge an annual fee.Th…

Started by Daniel Hatadi in CrimeSpace News

1 Oct 6, 2016
Reply by Dan L. Coleman

Please help me to find an author similar to J.H Chase.

Hello I've been (and still is) a great fan of books written by James Hadley Chase but unfortunately i recently finished the last one and,…

Started by Alexander in Reading Room

0 Oct 5, 2016

Please help me find this book

This is driving me mad! I was in a cafe last weekend and overheard two women talking about a new crime writer (Campbell, Cameron, something…

Started by Elsie in The Main Bar

4 Sep 25, 2016
Reply by Susan

Crime Digests/Magazines

Any regular or casual readers of Alfred Hitchcock or Ellery Queen? Any trouble finding them? Do you read them printed or digitally? Are dig…

Started by Richard Krauss in Reading Room

18 Aug 24, 2016
Reply by Richard Krauss

Iain Ryan – hot tip for fans of James Ellroy

Hi Guys: If you've read my previous posts, you'll know I'm a huge James Ellroy fan. You'll also have noticed that I've been disappointed b…

Started by James Buckley in The Main Bar

1 Aug 12, 2016
Reply by Colman

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search