The Main Bar (1,582)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Recycling Is A Dirty Word

When a critiquing partner gave me feedback on a manuscript he told me the ending was weak. Then he made a suggestion. My female cop coul…

Started by Sandra Ruttan

27 Mar 28, 2007
Reply by Sandra Ruttan

A Rose by Any Other Name...

"Call things by their right names…Glass of brandy and water! That is the current but not the appropriate name: ask for a glass of liquid fi…

Started by Jeri Westerson

0 Mar 28, 2007

"Master Yoda, you can't die."

When was the last time a character you loved died, in fiction, TV, or film series? Do you ever imagine how the series would have gone if th…

Started by Gerald So

21 Mar 26, 2007
Reply by John Misak

You're on the run

from the government/organized crime/a foreign power/your ex. Where do you go, what do you do for a living, what name do you take.? Do you h…

Started by Patricia Abbott

29 Mar 26, 2007
Reply by norby

Everybody's Trying to Be My Baby....

What does all this "friend" stuff mean, exactly? I mean, yeah, I joined, and I promptly went through the lists, looking for people I kno…

Started by Kevin Burton Smith

29 Mar 25, 2007
Reply by Joy Calderwood

What Is It about Book Covers?

Every writer wants to have a good-looking cover on the new novel, right? But do covers really make any difference? I'm thinking about ha…

Started by Bill Crider

17 Mar 25, 2007
Reply by Joy Calderwood

Like being 4 waiting for 5...

I haven't felt this much antici . . . . . . . pation since I was 4 waiting to be 5 years old. Situation: I have 3 novels under contract wi…

Started by Newt Love

4 Mar 24, 2007
Reply by DADavenport

Novels That Deal with the Radical Sixties

Can any of you think of novels that deal with the radical movements of the latish sixties other than Marge Piercey's Vida and Roth's Americ…

Started by Patricia Abbott

22 Mar 24, 2007
Reply by David Skibbins

Too Manly To Gush?

Over on Mark Billingham's forum there's been an interesting and lively discussion about crime fiction reader demographics. The point was ma…

Started by Sandra Ruttan

29 Mar 24, 2007
Reply by David Skibbins

What do you think of awards for books?

It's awards season in the crime community -- that glorious time of year when people get to root for the nominees, cheer (or sneer) for the…

Started by David J. Montgomery

15 Mar 24, 2007
Reply by Alexandra Sokoloff

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service