All Discussions Tagged 'marketing' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is anyone else tired of doing guest blogs?

Everyone says that visibility is the key to marketing and blogs and writing guest blogs are part of the process. Okay, so I wrote one guest…

Started by Susan

23 Oct 28, 2011
Reply by Susan

Selling Print Copies outside the US

Here is another opportunity for me to demonstrate my ignorance ... again! Those of us who are indie authors/publishers  offer our novels bo…

Started by Mark Young

7 Oct 24, 2011
Reply by Benedict J Jones

Killer Tales Blog?

I've written two crime thrillers, one about a serial killer and one about a stalker. Hence I did a lot of research on serial killers and st…

Started by Susan

3 Apr 22, 2011
Reply by J. Gunnar Grey

Marketing idea

I watched a great video from Seth Godin about marketing his books. (www.sethgodin.com and www.writerunboxed.com) He offers the first 100 pa…

Started by Colin T. Nelson

7 Feb 4, 2010
Reply by Colin T. Nelson

M.J. Rose: Publishers Must Change the Way Authors Get Paid

On Publishing Perspectives's website, author M. J. Rose calls for some drastic changes in author compensation. What do you think? "Shout i…

Started by Jack Getze

7 Aug 31, 2009
Reply by I. J. Parker

My first contest - giving away a book on my blog

Last night I dreamed a writing colleague signed a multimillion-dollar book deal with movie options. In today's post on marketing, I turned…

Started by Julie Lomoe

1 Jul 19, 2009
Reply by Julie Lomoe

Could This Work?

A common topic here is the difficulty new authors have of breaking into today’s market (even before the economy went south), and how a bad…

Started by Dana King

10 Jul 4, 2009
Reply by Dana King

Sellin' Writing, the hard part of the biz

Hello all. Any ideas on selling your writing? What has worked for you in the past to get an agent's or an editor's attention? In some quart…

Started by robert walker

6 Oct 10, 2008
Reply by I. J. Parker

Gems for writers

What is the single most valuable -- or important -- piece of advice you received from: 1. a writer 2. a bookseller 3. a reader 4. a rev…

Started by Pari Noskin Taichert

40 May 11, 2007
Reply by Pepper Smith

Advice for workshop -- Help!

Later this month, I'm going to give a day-long workshop with the snappy title: "Think published to get published." Obviously, it's got a…

Started by Pari Noskin Taichert

23 Apr 12, 2007
Reply by Steven Torres

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service