All Discussions Tagged 'novel' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Wrestling with the pace of the beast - how do you balance thought versus action?

I finished my latest mystery and felt good that I'd been able to keep it at 90,000 words (my first novel was (until revised) 110,000 words.…

Started by Mary McFarland

14 Aug 14, 2011
Reply by Mary McFarland

Crime Novels with Female Protagonists and Side-kicks

I'm looking for modern crime novels which have female protagonists and a female side kick. I love to read fast-paced books by Katherine How…

Started by Karen Tyrrell

28 May 22, 2011
Reply by Karen Tyrrell

Is TV Burning Out Crime Fiction?

Sweet mother of Lucifer, every time I turn around there's another googly-eyed detective with an eccentric habit solving an increasingly lud…

Started by Benjamin Sobieck

54 Sep 11, 2010
Reply by JackBludis

Crime: Short Story V Novel, the differences?

In the consumption of a novel, not every reader will have invested money but they will all have invested their time. It is this commitment…

Started by John Baird

10 Mar 10, 2010
Reply by Bill Bushman

The Penance List

If you haven't read DAVID:The Penance List by Siobhan Cunningham, you might want to pick up a copy. Here's my review: The Penance List is a…

Started by Susan Whitfield

1 Oct 1, 2009
Reply by Susan Whitfield

Share your injuries from writing a novel?

Justin here from Out of the Gutter Magazine. In addition to my pimp duties for OOTG, I am a writer and have been accepted to the Taos Write…

Started by Out of the Gutter Magazine

9 Jul 19, 2008
Reply by Paul McGoran

Seeking US publishers without an agent (but with a first novel in UK)

Hi, everyone. This is my first post, and I'm happy to be here. My first novel, BONE MACHINES, came out in the UK in December 2007. An even…

Started by John Dodds

5 Jun 20, 2008
Reply by Grant McKenzie

The World of Big Business Publishing, warts and all

I just read a book called THE CAREER NOVELIST, A Literary Agent Offers Strategies for Success, by the literary agent Donald Maass, and I po…

Started by Russ Heitz

2 Sep 12, 2007
Reply by Russ Heitz

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service