All Discussions Tagged 'publishers' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Barnes and Noble Will Not Stock Amazon Published Titles

Hi All, Just sharing in case someone hasn't heard. http://www.examiner.com/literature-in-lexington/barnes-noble-will-not-sell-amazon-publ

Started by Stacy

11 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by Benjamin Sobieck

Justice Department Investigating e-book Industry

If you missed it, the LA Times reported that the Justice Department is looking into e-book pricing practices. What do you think? http://la…

Started by Christopher Valen

19 Jan 5, 2012
Reply by Jon Loomis

Great Article For Ebook Supporters!

Hi All,Just wanted to share this article. I love reading ebooks and have been hooked on them since I started! So I am a big fan of ebooks a…

Started by Stacy

0 Oct 21, 2010

What Would You CHANGE About the Writing/Publishing Industry?

Hi All,Since the "What do you hate topic" didn't seem to be as popular here as on Facebook, I changed the title.  8/13/10But the catch is,…

Started by Stacy

50 Aug 21, 2010
Reply by lee caleca

Unagented subs - any US publishers?

I am a Scottish author, and I heard that a Scottish crime writer got his first break with an American publisher. So, I was wondering -- whi…

Started by John Dodds

7 Apr 4, 2009
Reply by John Dodds

Seeking US publishers without an agent (but with a first novel in UK)

Hi, everyone. This is my first post, and I'm happy to be here. My first novel, BONE MACHINES, came out in the UK in December 2007. An even…

Started by John Dodds

5 Jun 20, 2008
Reply by Grant McKenzie

Agent? What's an agent?

I used to wonder if I'd ever get an agent, but now I'm wondering what one of those would do for me that I don't already do for myself. I j…

Started by Newt Love

39 May 31, 2008
Reply by Neil White

Author Union

Do you think an Author's Union would be a way to put some pressure on publishers? Isn't it about time that we had some say in how much adva…

Started by Robert Freemyer

17 Jan 25, 2008
Reply by EDWARD C MORGAN

The World of Big Business Publishing, warts and all

I just read a book called THE CAREER NOVELIST, A Literary Agent Offers Strategies for Success, by the literary agent Donald Maass, and I po…

Started by Russ Heitz

2 Sep 12, 2007
Reply by Russ Heitz

How Bookselling Differs from What MBAs Are Taught

A fascinating story via Melbourne in which we learn that some beancounters in the bookselling business don't learn from their mistakes (so…

Started by Tom Barclay

11 Aug 16, 2007
Reply by Karen from AustCrime

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service