All Discussions Tagged 'publishing' (32)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Future Publishing Models that Work

There's plenty of speculators out a-speckin' about the death of the author. This is tied to the demise of publishing as a profitable ventur…

Started by Benjamin Sobieck

25 Jun 16, 2010
Reply by I. J. Parker

ISBN Problems

Safe House, the second book in my mystery series came out last fall--and the problems began. Somehow or another the ISBN got mixed up so t…

Started by Christine Duncan

2 Mar 19, 2010
Reply by Christine Duncan

Print Runs

Interesting post on exaggerated print runs over at Editorial Ass.

Started by Dana King

3 Aug 7, 2009
Reply by Beth Groundwater

HARPER KILLS COLLINS... WHAT'S NEXT?

With the ongoing news of the major publishing houses cleaning house, most recently Harper Collins, and all the restructuring, what personal…

Started by Michael P. Naughton

64 Feb 21, 2009
Reply by Neil Nyren

The Highs and Lows of Publishing

This post at Jan Mag might be of interest - it is somewhat depressing http://januarymagazine.com/2008/02/highs-and-lows-of-publishing.html

Started by Ali

20 Feb 21, 2008
Reply by Grant McKenzie

Great interview with Dean Koontz

I hope I'm not posting in the wrong place or breaking any rules. Thought some of you might enjoy this great interview with Dean Koontz over…

Started by Jess

2 Oct 27, 2007
Reply by Margot Renne Payne

Here's How to Write a Best Seller

Now that I have your attention, has anybody read Donald Maass's "Writing the Breakout Novel"? Yeah, I know. It's a couple years old but it'…

Started by Russ Heitz

7 Oct 26, 2007
Reply by Russ Heitz

The World of Big Business Publishing, warts and all

I just read a book called THE CAREER NOVELIST, A Literary Agent Offers Strategies for Success, by the literary agent Donald Maass, and I po…

Started by Russ Heitz

2 Sep 12, 2007
Reply by Russ Heitz

Is NY a viable career move?

I hear from my close writing friends that I should drop my pseudonym's career and get on with the NY-published dream. But then one doesn't…

Started by spyscribbler

9 Aug 27, 2007
Reply by J.D. Rhoades

Questions on Publishing

Just recently I had a publishing contract for my first book, the first in a series of two. I say just recently, because yesterday we (the w…

Started by Liam Sweeny

7 Aug 5, 2007
Reply by Liam Sweeny

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service