All Discussions Tagged 'writing' (51)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What are the similarities/differences between a cozy mystery and chick lit?

Are all sub genres just starting to blur? I write soft boiled/cozy and those lines have blurred but now in reviews I am starting to get peo…

Started by Christine Duncan

23 Sep 15, 2008
Reply by Margot Renne Payne

The AlphaSmart NEO--More Convenient Than A Laptop

The AlphaSmart Neo is a neat little writing tool that is basically a stripped down, very bare bones laptop. It weighs less than 2 lbs, can…

Started by John Dishon

12 Aug 29, 2008
Reply by Anne Frasier

Share your injuries from writing a novel?

Justin here from Out of the Gutter Magazine. In addition to my pimp duties for OOTG, I am a writer and have been accepted to the Taos Write…

Started by Out of the Gutter Magazine

9 Jul 19, 2008
Reply by Paul McGoran

UPDATE: I'VE SHOT (BY FIRING SQUAD) MOST OF MY "NODS")! -Any suggestions for words other than "nodded?!"

I try not to write about someone having nodded I really do--but are there other words similar to that head motion that someone can perform…

Started by carole gill

47 May 12, 2008
Reply by carole gill

Books on Cell Phones; It's Working in Japan

Ran across this article today on Digg. The article explains how in Japan books are becoming popular on cell phones. But more importantly, t…

Started by John Dishon

5 Feb 6, 2008
Reply by John Dishon

Mystery cons

I have decided to go to my first mystery conference this year. There are a lot of them to choose from, and as I am a total newbie at this,…

Started by Kim Smith

25 Jan 19, 2008
Reply by Fran Read

The Dickens Challenge is On

Timothy Hallinan's Dickens Challenge has started. Check it out here. Anyone else want to accept the challenge?

Started by John Dishon

2 Dec 18, 2007
Reply by Timothy Hallinan

Chapter organization and length

Does anyone have any advice or resource that addresses chapter organization and length? Currently, my second chapter ends naturally at abo…

Started by Eric Eckert

16 Dec 4, 2007
Reply by Eric Eckert

Great interview with Dean Koontz

I hope I'm not posting in the wrong place or breaking any rules. Thought some of you might enjoy this great interview with Dean Koontz over…

Started by Jess

2 Oct 27, 2007
Reply by Margot Renne Payne

Here's How to Write a Best Seller

Now that I have your attention, has anybody read Donald Maass's "Writing the Breakout Novel"? Yeah, I know. It's a couple years old but it'…

Started by Russ Heitz

7 Oct 26, 2007
Reply by Russ Heitz

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service