Timothy Hallinan's Dickens Challenge has started. Check it out here.

Anyone else want to accept the challenge?

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am totally up for reading them! Do not think I have the time, nor the skill to partake in this challenge...I may go ahead and work on one myself just to see what I can come up with....but, again, I will definately keep checking in to read the entries.
Hey, John --

You beat me to it, but I'm glad you posted.

For those of you who are (like me) sometimes too lazy to link, the Dickens Challenge is a bunch of writers -- eight of us at the moment, two of whom are in Crimespace -- who are daring to write something new and publish it online one chapter at a time, as the chapters are being written. It's working by the seat of your pants with a vengeance because, like Dickens, we're stuck with whatever you did in the early part of the book -- no going back and tidying up.

I have to say that the first day's chapters (they appeared today) are incredibly encouraging in terms of quality and diversity. You can go to http://www.timothyhallinan.com/blog/ and open the top post for links to all the brave, if possibly foolish, participants, which include John and me.

And if anyone else wants to give it a try, let us know.

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service