So I did my very first interview on a podcast (listen to it on www.ChivalryToday.com, show #16). I was stark-staring scared but I don't think it came off too badly. And then my ctitique partners...well, critiqued it. After feelings of "give me a break, it's my first freakin' interview!" I calmed a bit. Certainly I want this to go better and smoother next time. So as usual, after ranting alone in my office, I settled down and gave it some good thinking time. Each venue is different with its different audiences (the interview before mine is with Jedi Knights. I kid you not.) and interview answers should be geered in that direction. But what are some of the pitfalls an author can fall into? What are some of the ways an author can endear themselves to their readers--or in my case, future readers since the book won't be out until next year? How can one steer the questions in the direction that best suits the author, rather than the interviewer? Anyone out there with experience in this?

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like doing interviews via e-mailed questions. Perhaps there is a clever way of answering those to please as many people as possible, but I generally just tell the truth. If I had to plot an interview, it would be work rather than pleasure.
Email interviews are the best, no doubt about it. Nothing like planned spontinaity.

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service