cut and pasted from the Amazon Connect help page:

Can I remove a post from my blog?

Once a message is posted it can not be removed. However, you do have the ability to edit your message (please follow the instructions outlined above.)

I spent two hours trying to delete my blog posts from Amazon, only to find out that it can't be done. You can go in and delete the body text, but the post and comments remain. that's seriously fucked up.

now i'm thinking i should just delete my whole profile, but that might be impossible too. don't sign up for amazon connect if you want to have control over your posts.

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the heads-up. I was reluctant to start something with Amazon Connect because I didn't want them to be in control of my content.
Yes. Thanks. I also stay away from blogging there.
i emailed Amazon Connect to see if i could delete my account. no surprise that i got the auto reply saying it could take 10 days for them to get back to me. we'll see what happens. i have found that amazon is pretty good when it comes to email replies.
I've never even heard of Amazon Connect.
on the surface it seems like it could be a really good tool for writers, but i hate not being in complete control of my own posts. and i'm not sure amazon is really the place for blogs. i worry that some readers might find it intrusive and annoying.

i heard back from amazon -- just hours after my request. i'm really impressed. here is part of the email:

We have requested that your Amazon Connect blog be removed. It will
no longer be available on our website within 3-5 business days. If
we need any further information from you to complete this process,
we'll contact you by e-mail.
Thanks for the tip. Glad it worked out. I mainly would stay away from it because I don't want to do anything that makes Amazon more attractive to buyers than the independent mystery booksellers who do so much more to support the genre - more for love than money.

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service