An open discussion on what everyone is currently reading. Make recommendations to others, discuss what is new, hot, bestsellers, anything and everything related to books and the authors.

Views: 10199

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just finished Death of a Chimney Sweep by M.C. Beaton. My review is on Goodreads but I'll say here that it was an enjoyable book about the villagers of Lochdubh and Detective Hamish Macbeth. There are some things I didn't like about the writing but they could be British issues. 

JF Five Minutes Alone by Paul Cleave and Gun Street Girl by Adrian McKinty - so feeling very privileged :) Next up is The Life I Left Behind by Colette McBeth.

I just finished "The Busy Body" by Donald Westlake, my favorite crime fiction writer.  It was definitely a fun little yarn about a dead guy in a blue suit.  I'm about to start "Lucky at Cards" by Lawrence Block, a veteran crime writer who I recently learned wrote the book behind "A Walk Among the Tombstones."

Ah. I keep trying, but I can't read Barnard.

My mistake. Put it down to old age. :-) The author is Robert Goddard.

Oh. Worth trying?

Finished another Camilleri's, "Rounding the Mark." He always makes me laugh, and his characters are like friends.

"The Player" by Brad Parks. This is his fifth, the books are well written first-person narratives.

"The Bloodiest Meadow" by William Ryan. This is the second in a series about a police detective of Stalinist Russia. Well done.

The Bloodiest Meadow is also published as The Darkening Field?

I'm reading or re-reading Dick Francis (the father, not the son). They are still very, very good. It's a pity our libraries have removed all the older books to make room for new writers. I've yet to find one of those I could stomach.

Have read all of Camilleri's. My all time favorite.

I'm reading KISSCUT by Karin Slaughter. Somehow I missed this one in the Grant Pass series, so I went back to read it. It's excellent, as are all her books. In my opinion, if you're looking for a can't-put-down thriller/mystery you can't go wrong with Karin Slaughter.

Halfway into The Werewolf of Paris by Guy Endore. Digging it!

JF King of the Road by Nigel Bartlett - debut Australian book, very uncomfortable subject matter handled really well. Now I'm reading the latest thriller from Rachel Amphlett Look Closer. 

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service