This is the niftiest little website. I love that you can even stick in a little poll over there on the side. That little poll, bless its heart, cracks me up. It's not the first poll that asks: are you a reader or a writer? I hear that question all the time, all over the place.

I don't know how to answer it, LOL. Well, see, I was a reader first. I read for years and years and years, did a little writing around there, but then after school, I resumed only reading. I've been writing for about a decade, even get a few pennies, but I've never stopped reading.

If I had to choose just one, what would I choose? Would I give up reading so I can write? Or would I give up writing to read? Do people really stop being readers when they start being writers? Which do I do more?

Well, writing, but I feel I *should* do more reading than writing to be a good writer. But then I've read more books than I've written, that's for sure.

*smiles*

Which are you more of? More reader? More writer? What would you choose, if you had to choose??

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Terri, I've been having the same problem. Do you find that it infects your TV-watching and movie-watching, too?
Not so much because, although most movies are predictable, I don't subconsiously look for passive voice or over use of adverbs. haha
if i had to choose i would have to choose writer. for me it's daydreaming on paper -- something i don't think i could live without.
Daydreaming! That's such a good way to put it! The first time I finished a story, it took me ten minutes to fall asleep. It was such a relief! Since second grade, it's always taken at least two hours, because the mind just wants to make up stories and stories and stories. Good point, Anne!

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service