To piggyback on Laura's discussion about reading...

I'm looking forward to Dennis Lehane's new one, about the Boston Police Strike. And Julia Spencer-Fleming's sixth (I would think due out this fall or winter?).

Any other upcoming releases to keep watch for?

Views: 65

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Overlook by Michael Connelly
Bad Luck and Trouble by Lee Child
Invisible Prey by John Sandford
Requiem for an Assassin by Barry Eisler
The Broken Shore by Peter Temple
Bangkok Haunt by John Burdett
Grotesque by Natsuo Kirino
The Book of Air and Shadows by Michael Gruber
White Knight by Jim Butcher
The Collaborator of Bethlehem by Matt Benyon Rees

and I just spent my birthday money on a box of books that I can't wait to see!
Yes, I am dying to read Grotesque and Collaborator of Bethlehem, am trying to resist buying either, hopefully the public library will get copies of Grotesque in the near future. Also waiting for Patience of the Spider by Camilleri, Black Seconds by Karin Fossum, The Damned Season by Lucarelli, Hidden Depths by Ann Cleeves
Where can I read about Lehane's new one, Christa? I've been waiting and waiting and short stories didn't satisfy me.

My wife told me this morning she's done with Robert Crais's The Watchman (She said it's his best). So I can start that TONIGHT.
I pretty much Googled "Dennis Lehane Boston Police Strike" and skimmed lots of articles with lots of little tidbits of info. Another tidbit: it's likely to be the first in a trilogy and will be a 5- or 6-year project. (That's from an article posted to his agent's website.)
There was an author’s interview on the end of the Colorado CD. Been a while since I listened to it, so I can't put forth any details but he talked about his next book. Looking forward to it.
This is the one with Joe Pike as the protag, yes?
Joe Pike is Robert Crais. (Elvis Cole series). The Joe Pike protag is on my TBR pile but as I have no memory I can't recall its title. A million people (OK, OK, 101) on this site can put me right quickly enough.
Hard Man, Priest, the new Charles Ardai, Songs of Innocence, and What the Dead Know (LIppman). And of course, Queenpin..
I'm going to go broke reading this thread; Crais' THE WATCHMAN is on top of my list, though.
Honestly, Harry Potter 7.
Me too. Can't wait. I'll have to buy three copies this time, one for me and one each for my daughters. I got away with 2 last time as I didn't mind waiting a couple of days for Cathy to finish, but I don't think I could wait that long this time.
Me too, but I can't think about it too much or I get too distracted.

I also need to figure out when to start rereading the other six. In a perfect world, I would like to finish Half Blood Prince right as Deathly Hallows lands on my doorstep.

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service