so a severed head rolls across the floor and hits your foot. you look down and say, "Jesus!"

or not.

i'm editing page proofs, and i noticed that three of my characters use the same Jesus exclamation in different dramatic situations. this must stop. what would you say if a severed head rolled across the floor in front of you?

holy shit!

holy crap!

?????

Views: 202

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i've compiled a list of all the suggestions and it's a big one.

i'm thinking i should laminate it and make a big refrigerator magnet.
I know I'm late, and I don't have time to read all the comments, although the ones I have read are brilliant.

But if it's not too late to contribute, here's mine:

"Oh, this can't be good."
margot, i haven't read it, and didn't see the movie. i love the use of tupperware! haha! it reminds me of an episode of a failed TV show where the perfect moms slept in tupperware containers under the bed.
Imagine "burping" that container!
OMFG!
Hello, there - I just joined Crimespace today, after reading about it in Mystery Scene, and couldn’t resist posting on this topic ... I was raised without religion, in a secular society, I am militantly atheist, and I really enjoy swearing. But the thing I say when I am startled (as by a severed head, eg) is so incredibly filthy (it involves, in this order, sex, Christianity, genitalia and shit) that it actually offends me! Which, I suppose, is the whole point. I don’t think I’d ever put it in a book, though, and I am horrified whenever someone else hears it. Especially when they’re nuns. Which has actually happened.
hi mat! glad you found this place. so i'm guessing your rating would be XXX.

nuns. they can be such buzzkills.
A little frustrated righteousness goes a long way.
Clean up on Aisle 7.
hehe!
This is not what I meant when I said I wanted head.

Sorry, that was awful, but I swear that was the first thing that came to mind.
As Granny used to always say, "A little head never hurt nobody."

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service