On this site again after a couple years or more hiatus and it seems dead. Am I missing something or is interest here waning?

Views: 198

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It comes and goes. I was involved in about four good discussions at once a few weeks ago.

Well, clearly you shouldn't have left, Dan!

As usual, Ingrid cuts right to the heart of the matter.  ;)

I thought it might be permanently. Shows what I know about myself.

I've found it fairly lively, myself, even though one of we have a Civil War corner now.

Yep, I turn my head a moment and miss it. Must be the season.

I'm new here and have found the site quite lively since joining.  I've met some really great people and log on several times a day.  Glad to meet you, Dan.

Guess it depends on what you want from this forum. A lot of members now just want to talk about how to get published, that sort of thing. Of course there is nothing wrong with that, and if they can't get answers here, then where would they get them?  But for someone like me, a reader rather than a writer of fiction, someone who's more interested in the whys and hows of the genre, the "philosophical" questions, the rest of it gets pretty dull. I don't have any need to know how to publish an e-book.  

So, that's just my perspective. There are occasionally topics that still spark an interest, but not so much as when I first discovered the forum. I check from time to time, though, to be sure I'm not missing anything. But I usually end up talking to just one other person. :)  

Hi, Caroline. You disappeared, too.  What you should do it post some topics you are interested in.

I second I.J's suggestion, Caroline. I like the "philosophical" discussion best myself, and i'm far more likely to participate--okay, argue--in them. Sometimes it's hard for the writers here to come up with those, as we're kind of heads down i projects, or working on publication. I'd love for anyone to open some discussion about topics readers are curious about.

Hello Ingrid. Yes, I guess I have disappeared for awhile recently.  The truth is, just busy doing my own work/project in a very different genre, and often out of the house (at my studio), so I'm just not online as often.   Maybe I will think of some good topics to bring up---if I can think of any that haven't been hashed over too much! :)

I'll make you a deal: you start a conversation, and i promise to contribute. There are a lot of new faces here, no telling what might be new to them.

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service