I've enjoyed writing and undertaking many speaking engagements and media appearances throughout the year. I've met some fascinating people and made lots of new friends. As 2010 draws to a close I thought it appropriate to thank my many readers, my publishers, booksellers, agents, those who have supported me in the book trade and the media, and in the libraries across the UK, the Commonwealth and the USA.
Here is a quick round up and some of the highlights of 2010 which saw:
- the publication of Blood on the Sand (number five in the DI Andy Horton marine mystery crime series) in hardcover and trade paperback with a great review from Eurocrime and Booklist in the States
- the publication of Dead Man's Wharf (number four in the DI Andy Horton series) in trade paperback and a fantastic starred review by Kirkus in the USA
- the publication of The Suffocating Sea in mass market paperback (the third in the DI Andy Horton series)
- the publication in Turkey of the thriller novel In Cold Daylight
- the sale of translation rights of Tide of Death and In Cold Daylight to China
- the sale of unabridged audio book rights to Dead Man's Wharf
- nineteen public appearances and talks throughout the UK
- the hugely successful launch of Crime and the City, CSI Portsmouth event as part of Portsmouth Bookfest
- several television and radio appearances
- some wonderful readers and new readers
And the completion of the sixth DI Andy Horton novel Footsteps on the Shore which will be published on 27 January 2011.
All in all it's been a productive and enjoyable year