The Main Bar (1,582)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Top Ten Noir films

Britain's The Guardian has a list of all-time great noir films just published: http://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2013/nov/29/top-10-

Started by Eric Christopherson

28 Dec 18, 2013
Reply by Kerry J Donovan

Elmore Leonard and popular culture

The WSJ has a very good and perhaps provocative article about popular culture, Elmore Leonard, and some TV series. Some will agree with the…

Started by Lee Lamothe

38 Dec 14, 2013
Reply by Susan

Grumbling!

This site has been practically dead for the last week and barely breathing for months now. Given that plus the fact that I'm practically th…

Started by I. J. Parker

17 Dec 7, 2013
Reply by Kerry J Donovan

Grind Joint Discovery - Dana King

Accidentally (luckily!) came across GRIND JOINT while searching to see if Charlie Stella has recently published anything I haven't read. It…

Started by Steven M. Roth

3 Dec 5, 2013
Reply by Steven M. Roth

BRAIN vs. BRAWN

Suppose it's a matter of personal taste and experience, but since I haven't read all crime writers/stories--who really has?--what might be…

Started by Dan L. Coleman

22 Nov 28, 2013
Reply by Martin Roy Hill

Blotted out FBI file

So how many of y'all do research in "released" FBI and CIA files? I came across this one today and the blotting just cracked me up. It's be…

Started by Lucie Smoker

4 Nov 22, 2013
Reply by Lucie Smoker

FAT IN THE MIDDLE

The middle of a story. In so many stories authors fluff and stuff it with extraneous wording, unimportant to the story, like belles lettres…

6 Nov 21, 2013
Reply by Stephen Seitz

Create Space expanded distribution

For anyone who does print books through Create Space, their expanded distribution is now offered for free. I've never understood why one wo…

Started by David DeLee

8 Nov 16, 2013
Reply by Linton Robinson

Dialoque of immigrant

Not a strickly crime issue, but question about a character is recent immigrant and speaks in broken English.  Should the dialoque reflect t…

Started by dan petrosini

11 Nov 13, 2013
Reply by dan petrosini

FUTURE OF PRINT MEDIA

Might have mentioned this before from folks more knowledgeable, but apparently not to my satisfaction. I was wondering if printed books mig…

16 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by David DeLee

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service