Reading Room (240)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Best Book You've Read Recently?

For me the last good books I read were Robert Crais' THE WATCHMAN, which really illuminated Pike for me, while at the same time being break…

Started by Dave White

24 Apr 10, 2007
Reply by Gumshoe Carl

Which Fictional Characters would you invite to the Pub

I've read a couple of books recently where most of the characters are just flat out iccky people. The sorts of people that if you encounter…

Started by Karen from AustCrime

27 Apr 10, 2007
Reply by Sylvia Matthews

the must-reads...

Okay, say someone hasn't read a lot in the mystery/thriller/noir genre(s) and has asked you for recommendations? Who are the must-reads in…

Started by Toni McGee Causey

66 Apr 7, 2007
Reply by JackBludis

The Essential Book

There have been quite a few posts lately about books you read as a child, books that inspired you to write, and books you're reading now.…

Started by David Terrenoire

18 Apr 6, 2007
Reply by norby

Which writers do the best job of critiquing society within their crime fiction?

Last night I wrote a flash piece that was pretty didactic. Hard to submerge my point artfully in a 700 word piece. But looking at the crime…

Started by Patricia Abbott

20 Apr 6, 2007
Reply by Steven Torres

Horizons

Let's get curious: As a German writer / reader / editor I was highly influenced by that good american crime stuff. That's nature's law, I g…

Started by Dieter Paul Rudolph

11 Apr 4, 2007
Reply by Vince Keenan

I think I've seen that scene before...

In watching The Big Fix last night (Richard Dreyfus, late seventies) he, as a detective, comes upon a door that is ajar and, of course, the…

Started by Patricia Abbott

6 Apr 3, 2007
Reply by Patricia Abbott

Sense of Place

There's been a few discussions here recently about favourite books, most memorable books and so on, but I'm reading City of Spies by Simon…

Started by Karen from AustCrime

18 Mar 31, 2007
Reply by Karen from AustCrime

Finding Time to Read

The other day, Dave White started a discussion about finding time to write. What about finding time to read? A few other discussions have a…

Started by Gerald So

21 Mar 28, 2007
Reply by anabrazil

Who Are You Taking To Bed? (READERS wanted)

I just finished Carol Anne Davis's Sob Story. Davis is a new (to me) author who writes intense psychological thrillers. Now, I'll be rev…

Started by Sandra Ruttan

54 Mar 28, 2007
Reply by Joy Calderwood

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service