Reading Room (240)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Early influences

What books influenced you as a child? I loved TREASURE ISLAND and still remember the scene in JOHNNY TREMAIN when his injury occurred. T…

Started by Harry Hunsicker

33 Mar 28, 2007
Reply by Merrill Young

BAR FIGHT!

If you had to choose, which fictional protagonist would you like to have on your side in a bar room brawl? My choice would have to be Reach…

Started by DADavenport

27 Mar 26, 2007
Reply by Karen from AustCrime

"Comfort Reading"?

Wikipedia defines comfort food as a food or drink that someone turns to because of "familiarity, simplicity, and/or pleasant associations."…

Started by Graham Powell

13 Mar 23, 2007
Reply by Laura Root

Equivocal Ambiguity

This morning I find myself pondering ambiguity in crime fiction. (Before you start rolling your eyes and thinking I need to get out more...…

Started by Karen from AustCrime

8 Mar 23, 2007

Your top ten all time fav novels?

I'm sure this has been done here before by now ( perhaps even many times by now ... ), but I couldn't spot one that had been done in the re…

Started by bluerosekiller

25 Mar 21, 2007
Reply by Alice Morgan

Crime novels where the crime does not take place...

Can anyone think of examples where the expected crime does not take place and yet the story is still satisfying and you don't feel cheated?…

Started by Patricia Abbott

14 Mar 20, 2007

Character crushes: anything to confess?

Okay folks it's the weekend and any excuse will do for a bit of lighthearted discussion. Except this one involves a little 'fessing up, too…

Started by Julie Morrigan

11 Mar 18, 2007
Reply by Julie Morrigan

What book are you really looking forward to?

To piggyback on Laura's discussion about reading... I'm looking forward to Dennis Lehane's new one, about the Boston Police Strike. And…

Started by Christa M. Miller

34 Mar 16, 2007
Reply by Sunnie Gill

William Kent Krueger Saved Me From Noir Snobbery

The discussion about "must reads" and the subsequent thread drift into talking about classifications--"cozy", "noir/hardboiled", "tradition…

Started by J.D. Rhoades

35 Mar 16, 2007
Reply by Laura Root

You're a private eye, really?

I've been a fan of fictional private eyes since I first saw Humphrey Bogart as Sam Spade and Philip Marlowe. The affinity led me to take ch…

Started by Gerald So

11 Mar 15, 2007
Reply by Daniel Hatadi

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service