Reading Room (240)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Famous Golfing Detectives

OK readers.  Are any of you into golf, and crime solving...with a little steamy sex thrown in just for spice?   Do you know of any books wh…

Started by James E Stanton

3 May 28, 2013
Reply by Susan

ITW Roundtable: Thrillers that challenge the status quo

Please join me this week at ITW's Roundtable, where we are discussing the question, "What are your favorite thrillers that question convent…

Started by L. A. Starks

1 May 21, 2013
Reply by Eric Christopherson

Need help remembering book title

What was the book that came out within the last few years about a white man who returns to his hometown in the south (to be a police office…

Started by Jim Bolan

5 Mar 2, 2013
Reply by Martin Roy Hill

Why Do We Toss Books Unread?

I seem to be doing this more and more often.  A book I selected, either on Amazon or in the library, turns out to be such a let-down that I…

Started by I. J. Parker

40 Mar 1, 2013
Reply by Lawrence Lundigan

'Best' Humourous Crime Novel

I've begun reading Carl Hiassen and wonder what other people believe are the 'funniest' or 'most humorous' crime novels out there. Steve Ha…

Started by Jeff Ross

120 Feb 5, 2013
Reply by Rev. Phil White

Is there any American equivalent of Rampo Edogawa?

Hi, I truly enjoy Rampo Edogawa's style and crime and mystery plots. Would anyone here recommend any similar, deviant US or English-speakin…

Started by Bodypractor

6 Jan 16, 2013
Reply by Tom Vater

If you had the choice, which one would you read?

Hi everybody,Below are 3 versions of an extract of a hard-boiled, noir crime story. I won't tell you more (classical vs. punchy style, flow…

Started by Bodypractor

25 Dec 8, 2012
Reply by I. J. Parker

crime novel?

Hey there I'm new to the forum so excuse if this ends up the wrong place! Looking for crime novel book about hacking. Read the Stig Larse…

Started by Frederik Knuth-Winterfeldt

11 Oct 29, 2012
Reply by Frederik Knuth-Winterfeldt

Thriller author Freveletti

For reader who like fast-paced, well-researched thrillers, I recommend books by Jamie Freveletti. I heard her speak recently--in addition t…

Started by L. A. Starks

0 Jul 27, 2012

Missing The Long Goodbye

I have never recovered I guess from my favourite crime novel The Long Goodbye by Raymond Chandler. Can anyone recommend a character-driven…

Started by K Davies

25 Jul 24, 2012
Reply by Susan

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service