Writer's Den (487)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Need procedural help for NYPD issues

Does anyone know of a good resource for getting some answers to police procedure questions regarding the New York City Police Department? …

Started by Kevin G. Chapman

0 Nov 27, 2018

Too Many Characters Spoil the Book?

Someone pointed out to me that my book has 30 characters and that could be a problem.  If it were War and Piece, that's one thing; but my n…

Started by doug anderson

45 Nov 3, 2018
Reply by Kevin G. Chapman

SFPD detective ranks.

Hoping I can get some help with San Francisco police ranks. The main character is a male 20 year veteran now in Robbery Homicide. I have b…

Started by Denis OLeary

0 Sep 27, 2017

My new novel about masked vigilante, the Silver Manticore.

SILVER MANTICORE: STILL AT LARGE DATELINE: New York City 1967. Headlines scream the Silver Manticore, criminal mastermind, is dead. If he’s…

Started by PJ LOZITO

0 Aug 11, 2017

Crime Writers for Interactive Mystery Contest

The Art of the Lift is a noir crime television drama in the early stages of development.More information here:http://artoftheliftseries.com

Started by Klein Reynolds

0 Apr 15, 2017

Novice seeking advice

Hi!  I'm trying to get some ideas on heists.  Specifically, communicating with people who are former thieves.  How does one go about that?…

Started by Cuauhtemoc Fulgencio

0 Mar 17, 2017

NEW CRIME NOVEL

Just announcing my new novel.   HIDE AND SEEK, BY MICHAEL ZOLEZZI.  AVAILABLE ON AMAZON.   There are certain criminal cases that are talke…

Started by Michael Zolezzi

0 Jan 16, 2016

NANOWRIMO

So, anybody here doing it? http://nanowrimo.org/ If so, how're you doing?

Started by David DeLee

3 Nov 13, 2015
Reply by Richard Krauss

Is it necessary to 'like' your characters?

I write crime fiction/noir, and since those genres generally involve lawbreakers in some form or another, suffice to say, there are 'bad' g…

Started by J. F. Juzwik

4 Oct 31, 2015
Reply by Dana King

Short Story Market

I have looked at all of the links in the Resources tab on this site, but that still left me wondering. Does anyone have any suggestions for…

Started by D. C. Hawkins

8 Aug 31, 2015
Reply by Chuck Carter

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service