Writer's Den (487)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

P.O.V.

This is all about the voice. When you write in first person, you're telling that story from one character's point of view, in that characte…

Started by David Terrenoire

27 Mar 28, 2007
Reply by Christa Faust

Starting Dark

My writing group read the first two chapters of my WIP and agreed that I was starting from such a dark place that they would expect the boo…

Started by Patricia Abbott

15 Mar 27, 2007
Reply by Patricia Abbott

Short Stories into Film

Which of your short stories do you think would make a good film (long or short)? How about a short story by another author? Why?

Started by Frank Zafiro

10 Mar 26, 2007
Reply by Donna Moore

Clue Panel at Sleuthfest

I'm moderating a panel at Sleuthfest entitled "The Mystery in Mysteries: Clues, Misdirection and Satisfying Endings." I'll be sharing the d…

Started by Neil Plakcy

12 Mar 26, 2007
Reply by Dennis Leppanen

Sales vs. Reviews

Wow, I must have free time this weekend. I'm on here twice. (Actually I have about ten minutes, but this has been on my mind.) I've been…

Started by Dave White

10 Mar 26, 2007
Reply by David Terrenoire

How do you find time to write?

I'm sitting here, because I finally have some down time. I work. I write. I have a social life. And sometimes, if I have a minute or two I…

Started by Dave White

21 Mar 25, 2007
Reply by Steve Allan

Can "voice" be taught?

This question came up for me with reference to something on the EMWA e-list, and I'd love to hear what Crimespacers make of it. To cheat by…

Started by Elizabeth Zelvin

24 Mar 25, 2007
Reply by Joy Calderwood

Chapter 26 - I Am Eaten By Sharks

I've written myself into a hole. It's not a big hole. More a ditch, really. Shallow grave size at the most. I hope. In the rough draf…

Started by Stephen Blackmoore

11 Mar 24, 2007
Reply by Daniel Hatadi

More on voice

I've been wondering something for quite a while. Is it possible that a writer's voice is like an actor's style - in other words, just as th…

Started by Christa M. Miller

2 Mar 24, 2007
Reply by Anne Frasier

The Telltale Heart

Elizabeth's discussion on 'voice' lead me to think of a related question: Does anyone else worry sometimes that they might leaking too m…

Started by Vincent Holland-Keen

13 Mar 23, 2007
Reply by LeAnnDraD

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service