Writer's Den (487)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Story-gathering

What's your policy on writing stories based on incidents that happen to people in your life? Or stories that people in your life tell you a…

Started by Patricia Abbott

13 Apr 24, 2007
Reply by Toni McGee Causey

Procrastination

Sometimes but not always, procrastination is your subconscious telling you are on the wrong track. I think Lawrence Block said that too. (I…

Started by JackBludis

15 Apr 21, 2007
Reply by JackBludis

Do Movies Inspire You to Write?

I was talking to a friend of mine who I went to see 300 with the other night. Both of us haven't written a word in the past months and felt…

Started by Steve Allan

21 Apr 20, 2007
Reply by Paul Sammons

How do you handle the ups and downs of this game?

Within 48 hours, I have had two pretty heart-stopping rejections and two pretty nifty acceptances? Usually they don't all come within such…

Started by Patricia Abbott

21 Apr 20, 2007
Reply by Dianne Day

Challenging ourselves and the fear of writing beyond our capabilities

I think there’s something to be said for recognizing what you’re good at and showcasing it. And also working to make those strengths even s…

Started by Anne Frasier

22 Apr 19, 2007
Reply by Terri

staying healthy while sitting on your bum all day

writing is an unhealthy occupation. when i'm deep in a project i don't eat right or exercise, and now years of neglect are catching up with…

Started by Anne Frasier

38 Apr 19, 2007
Reply by spyscribbler

Are Authors Broken?

This was the question that Anne Frasier asked many months ago but it's one of the blog posts that stays with me. I did something off-han…

Started by Sandra Ruttan

38 Apr 18, 2007
Reply by Iain Rowan

Feedback on stories in progress

I just wrote a blog post on the fact that I rarely discuss stories that I'm working on, despite the fact that this means I don't get a feel…

Started by Vincent Holland-Keen

7 Apr 16, 2007
Reply by Vincent Holland-Keen

The Good, the Bad, and the Utterly Shite

I was talking to another writer a couple of weeks ago and we were moaning about how neither of us had any real idea if what we were writing…

Started by Stuart MacBride

39 Apr 14, 2007
Reply by I. J. Parker

Get it fresh / Let it ferment

Do your ideas always have to ferment in your brain for a while (a few years) before you cork them open and start to write? Or are you someo…

Started by Charlie Williams

12 Apr 12, 2007
Reply by Thomas O'Callaghan

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service