Writer's Den (487)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Please Don't Dance on it (the writer's subconscious)

The subconscious. Friend to the writer. Friend with a wicked sense of humor. I have a pad and pen by my bed. Sometimes I'll dream some s…

Started by Paul Guyot

11 Apr 12, 2007
Reply by Daniel Hatadi

Choosing a protagonist

Usually when I come to write a story, the central character picks themselves. However, I'm working on a new idea where that hasn't happened…

Started by Vincent Holland-Keen

9 Apr 12, 2007
Reply by Joy Calderwood

Dated Books

On the occasion of the death of Donald Hamilton (one of the greats in my opinion), I decided to re-read a couple of his novels. The two I c…

Started by Bill Crider

30 Apr 12, 2007
Reply by Bill Crider

Getting it right: location, location, location

I've been to most of the places I write about - with one exception: Russia. But my wife taught there as part of an EU sponsored program(me)…

Started by Pat Mullan

16 Apr 12, 2007
Reply by p. b. smith

have some fun: replies to critics

This place is serious... way too serious! Life needs balance... so, how about some humor? I made up some joke replies to bad reviews. So…

Started by Newt Love

3 Apr 11, 2007
Reply by Newt Love

young adult fiction

yay to the increase in the publication and sales of young adult fiction. Go into a bookstore now and you might actually spot teens and pre-…

Started by Anne Frasier

10 Apr 11, 2007
Reply by Kelly Parra

Faith in your writing?

I was reading Julia Spencer-Fleming's interviews this morning, and one of her questions is to what extent the authors' faiths influence or…

Started by Christa M. Miller

6 Apr 11, 2007
Reply by Steve Mosby

Your opinion of first novels?

Swierczy's most recent blog post made me wonder something. What do you all (readers and writers) think of the various first novels you've r…

Started by Christa M. Miller

20 Apr 10, 2007
Reply by Sunnie Gill

guns and bullets and clips, oh my...

I've been shooting a 9mm Glock, and have very little hands on experience with other guns, save my 410 shotgun and a 22 rifle and pistol. I…

Started by Toni McGee Causey

29 Apr 10, 2007
Reply by Tony Burton

Unsolicited Advice?

I posted this to Backspace as well, but I'm interested to hear what the Crimespacers think. So I've got a friend who is a talented write…

Started by Michael Carr

16 Apr 9, 2007
Reply by Yang-May Ooi

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service