Writer's Den (487)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

question for series writers

So I finished Nine Days in February (and am now looking for an agent -- feel free to recommend, if you know someone who might be interested…

Started by minervaK

11 Apr 21, 2012
Reply by David DeLee

Does anyone really edit anymore?

I've copied and pasted this verbatim from an article off Yahoo: "There are (sic) not any artificial obstacles for this process," he told A…

Started by Pepper Smith

18 Apr 21, 2012
Reply by I. J. Parker

The Pressure Towards Free Books

This thing is starting to disturb me a little.  I'm just taking first baby steps into writing books, but I work pretty close with my publis…

Started by Cammy May Hunnicutt

36 Apr 1, 2012
Reply by Cammy May Hunnicutt

Legal question: Non-exclusive rights

I think that means that the publisher shares in the rights with the author. In other words, if the publisher has non-exclusive rights to pu…

Started by I. J. Parker

6 Mar 27, 2012
Reply by I. J. Parker

What is your favorite How-to write book?

Last week I attended the one day Cape Fear Crime Festival in NC and one of the speakers was Chris Roerden, a contract editor now, with some…

Started by David DeLee

45 Mar 26, 2012
Reply by I. J. Parker

Kindle Royalty Statements

Help!  I hope someone can help with this.  My Kindle royalty statements show that Amazon is selling my titles at both 70 % and 35 % royalty…

Started by I. J. Parker

11 Mar 11, 2012
Reply by I. J. Parker

A question for series writers

So my first book, which I wrote with the intention of starting a series, is being read by an agent right now, and I find myself wondering:…

Started by minervaK

19 Mar 8, 2012
Reply by Patricia Gligor

Path to publishing.

Hi I am new to the site and to the journey to becoming a published writer.  I started writing to escape my job, which happens to be a polic…

Started by Michael Zolezzi

24 Mar 4, 2012
Reply by Michael Zolezzi

Possible influence of James Lee Burke

Twilight of the Drifter, my southern gothic crime-and-blues odyssey, has been released. Lately I'm starting to wonder if subconsciously we'…

Started by shelly frome

10 Feb 20, 2012
Reply by I. J. Parker

A question about electronic publishing

I hope someone has some advice here.  I pay to have my books formatted.  They come back looking very good indeed and I upload.   Here's the…

Started by I. J. Parker

8 Feb 9, 2012
Reply by I. J. Parker

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service