Writer's Den (487)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Have I gone too far?

I have heard that readers hate to read about animal cruelty (understandable so) even when it is done by the villain in the story and the vi…

Started by Stuart Matthew Davis

4 Jul 29, 2011
Reply by Meg

Short Stories on Kindle

I think some of you have published short stories individually on Kindle. I know other authors have done so (Konrath?).  It raises some ques…

Started by I. J. Parker

18 Jul 27, 2011
Reply by I. J. Parker

Untreed Reads

Does anyone have any information about this highly praised e-publisher?  It suddenly struck me that one's book might become stuck with a pu…

Started by I. J. Parker

13 Jul 26, 2011
Reply by I. J. Parker

Book trailers

I've just made a book trailer, and I've been planting it about the internet. I noticed that on Crimespace, it's only had two views, and tho…

Started by Lexi Revellian

61 Jul 18, 2011
Reply by Cammy May Hunnicutt

"Pages" on IMAC

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if the "PAGES" word processor that came with my new IMAC is Ok for Novel & Short Story length work…

Started by Jed Power

3 Jul 11, 2011
Reply by Ashley Write

Kindle Exclusive

I have opted for a Kindle exclusive for most of my books. No one else gets it but Kindle for one year.  For that, they do a bit of publicit…

Started by I. J. Parker

21 Jul 11, 2011
Reply by Toni Osborne

so how the heck do you find a good beta reader?

I need somebody to read my second-ish draft of Nine Days and tell me whether to junk it or invest more time in it. It needs to be somebody…

Started by minervaK

7 Jul 8, 2011
Reply by Benjamin Sobieck

give up and start something else, or keep plugging?

So, I finally got up the nerve to start reading through my FINALLY FINISHED second draft of Nine Days, and it blows. I need some input from…

Started by minervaK

8 Jul 8, 2011
Reply by Dave Diamantes

Ever Take a Stab at Writing Crime Humor?

Got a funny bone, C'Spacers?   "Who Whacked the Blogger" is a mash-up short story I wrote with prolific literary blogger Giovanni Gelati. I…

Started by Benjamin Sobieck

13 Jun 28, 2011
Reply by Cammy May Hunnicutt

JK Rowling to self-pub Harry Potter not a game changer

Did you see this part of the PW article about RK Rowling's decision to use her eBook options to self pub Harry Potter material:   "...many…

Started by Mark Young

12 Jun 28, 2011
Reply by Dave Zeltserman

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service