Writer's Den (487)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Do authors use storyboards to plan their novels?

Do fiction authors fully plan their story before entering the first keystrokes of chapter one? In other words, do they have a clear ‘storyb…

Started by Joe McCoubrey

17 Sep 15, 2012
Reply by Robert K. Foster

About that long-delayed short story for AHMM

Well, it's taken a year and some agitating on my part, but the story I got so upset over last year has finally made it into print.  "The Co…

Started by I. J. Parker

19 Sep 10, 2012
Reply by I. J. Parker

Formatters

If any of you have used professional formatters and can recommend them, could you please share the information?  My usual ones are swamped…

Started by I. J. Parker

4 Aug 4, 2012
Reply by Benjamin Sobieck

Scam Alert: Stork Media

A company called Stork Media is selling the print edition of my novel, Cleansing Eden: The Celebrity Murders, here on Barnes & Noble…

Started by Benjamin Sobieck

9 Jul 24, 2012

changing person in the middle of a series

Has this ever happened? I'm talking a published series that starts out in, say, first person, then switches to third person for the same se…

Started by minervaK

19 Jul 24, 2012
Reply by Cammy May Hunnicutt

Ebook promotion sites

I came across these marketing sites yesterday and thought it might be of interest to those here looking for ways to promote their work. htt…

Started by David DeLee

5 Jul 23, 2012
Reply by Gary Val Tenuta

Beta Readers

The term still bothers me.  Anyway, how do you guys find good ones?  I look for someone who can be both editor and copy editor, meaning he/…

Started by I. J. Parker

13 Jul 20, 2012
Reply by I. J. Parker

Anybody write crime fact?

Now that we're off the ground, Crime City Central would like to find a crime fact contributor. We're looking for someone who would like to…

Started by Cher

1 Jul 19, 2012

The Kindle Exclusive

Last year Amazon had a special incentive for writers if they gave Amazon an exclusive of their titles for one year.  In exchange they would…

Started by I. J. Parker

11 Jul 1, 2012
Reply by Kalen Cap

Social Media: Responsible for More Dead Novels than a Nazi Book Burning

The other day on the Facebook I had a chat with a friend about how social media sucks away time from writing. No, the irony didn't escape u…

Started by Benjamin Sobieck

9 Jun 23, 2012
Reply by minervaK

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service