Schmooze Lounge (176)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Perils and Pleasures of One's Own Website

I have an unsolveable problem and I'm posting about it in the hope that knowing what happened to me might help other authors avoid this kin…

Started by Dianne Day

10 Apr 23, 2007
Reply by Robert K. Foster

Do contests matter?

As the deadline for the CWA Debut Dagger looms, I was thinking about the number of people I know who entered. (Good luck to each one of you…

Started by Evil Kev

8 Apr 16, 2007
Reply by John McFetridge

Hopefully the last discussion on promotion

There is a shocking amount of confusion around the difference between promotion and self promotion and I thought I could help clear up some…

Started by Evil Kev

20 Apr 14, 2007
Reply by Steven Torres

Advice for workshop -- Help!

Later this month, I'm going to give a day-long workshop with the snappy title: "Think published to get published." Obviously, it's got a…

Started by Pari Noskin Taichert

23 Apr 12, 2007
Reply by Steven Torres

Helping others "get published"

Before the hounds start baying for blood, let me say that my post at the start of the topic is from my thoughts and reasoning. I do not cla…

Started by Newt Love

23 Apr 11, 2007
Reply by Alexandra Sokoloff

Is BSP Really Necessary?

I see it all the time these days. Writers commenting on blogs and forum threads while including a not so subtle reference to their latest b…

Started by Robert Gregory Browne

60 Apr 10, 2007
Reply by Charles Kelly

Facilitating short story movie options: An idea

I posted yesterday about how I've got a short film screening in September at Mann's Chinese. Reading the responses today, I was struck w…

Started by Keith Snyder

17 Apr 10, 2007
Reply by Keith Snyder

BSP Part 2

It seems I struck a chord when I posted about blatant self-promotion. What I discovered is that a lot of people are confusing BSP with your…

36 Apr 7, 2007
Reply by Miss DaMeaner

Divorce, Publishing Style

Lately I've been hearing about far too many seasoned writers who have been dropped by their publishers. Best-selling series, 25 books with…

Started by Elizabeth Zelvin

15 Apr 5, 2007
Reply by Andrea Campbell

Luck

Samuel Goldwyn said, “The harder I work, the luckier I get.” I was talking to my friends Brett Battles and Tasha Alexander recently (act…

12 Mar 29, 2007
Reply by J.D. Rhoades

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service