Schmooze Lounge (176)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Any suggestions for my first book signing?

My first book signing will be at the Ball State Campus Barnes & Noble bookstore on June 19. I hope to have a good turn out. Several peo…

Started by Marta Stephens

12 Jun 22, 2007
Reply by Marta Stephens

Interview update

I posted a query about doing newspaper interviews on June 3. Here's an update: All went well. I took all suggestions and you were all right…

Started by Scarlett Dean

2 Jun 15, 2007
Reply by Scarlett Dean

The Big Kill or Multiple Murders?

Here's another one of those annoying hypothetical questions. Which do you think would be preferable: writing one novel that was a huge succ…

Started by Bill Crider

38 Jun 10, 2007
Reply by Bill Crider

Newspaper Interview

I'm scheduled to do an interview with The Times Newspaper on Tuesday. The reporter is coming to my home and bringing a photographer (Damn.…

Started by Scarlett Dean

9 Jun 5, 2007
Reply by Bethany K. Warner

Paperback or Hardcover?

Let's say you've written a book and had two offers for publication. One's from a hardcover publisher, and the contract's for $10,000. (Just…

Started by Bill Crider

41 Jun 2, 2007
Reply by Todd Robinson

The amazon Myth

I'm reposting my comment from Sandra's discussion below, because while the idea that amazon is NOT an important sales outlet for traditiona…

Started by Karen Dionne

19 Jun 1, 2007
Reply by Dianne Day

Book signing successes in small cities or towns

In the past 4 years, I have done over 150 book signings in many different cities. But I have to say, there is something to be said for the…

Started by Cheryl Kaye Tardif

1 May 31, 2007
Reply by norby

Predestined or Manufactured?

The topic Jordan started on traditional mysteries has evolved, with more discussion about marketing/trends etc. I have a question: Can you…

Started by Sandra Ruttan

20 May 25, 2007
Reply by Beth Walker

To Blurb or Not To Blurb

I've just gotten my first request to do a cover blurb from a relatively new author with a short history of pubbed books. With this person a…

Started by Jordan Dane

27 May 24, 2007
Reply by Dennis Leppanen

Internet Marketing: the future, or Just Plain Eeeeevil?

You folks probably don't need me to tell you how the whole marketing/retail/publicity angle of noveldom bears very little resemblence to a)…

Started by Simon Spurrier

25 May 24, 2007
Reply by Simon Spurrier

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service