Box Office (96)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Books that don't translate well into movies

I just wrote about a book that doesn't translate well into movies on my blog.  I was wondering if you guys can suggest more books that the…

Started by Stuart Matthew Davis

3 Mar 10, 2012
Reply by Brian Hoffman

Anybody watch "Breaking Bad" or "Weeds"

I have started working my way though these seasons on DVD's and am staggered by the quality of writing. It's easy for me (especially in a m…

Started by Cammy May Hunnicutt

10 Feb 21, 2012
Reply by John McFetridge

Anyone Watch "Justified" Season 3 Premiere Last Night?

The best crime show on TV launched its third season last night. A couple notes: 1) I hope this isn't the last time we see that hit man guy…

Started by Benjamin Sobieck

6 Jan 25, 2012
Reply by David DeLee

Case Histories on PBS

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/casehistories/ Anyone else watching it? I think it's incredibly good, and wonder if the books (by Kate…

Started by minervaK

7 Dec 15, 2011
Reply by Suzanne

TNT's Mystery Movies-of-the-Week

TNT is unleashing a series of made-for-TV movies based on popular novels to air during the Christmas break of network first run shows. Last…

Started by David DeLee

6 Dec 8, 2011
Reply by David DeLee

Will the Real Richard Castle Please Stand Up ...

I must confess, I've enjoyed following the Castle television series, and watching some of the cameo appearances of other well-known, well-l…

Started by Mark Young

18 Oct 18, 2011
Reply by David DeLee

The writers

According to the program folks and ABC and all four of the writers, none of them are the writers.

Started by Brian Hoffman

2 Oct 11, 2011
Reply by I. J. Parker

On PBS, a Master Piece Theater production of Dibdin's Aurelio Zen novels

I'm not sure what schedules all of you have.  We get Master Piece on Sundays. I watched the first in the series, and it's very good indeed.…

Started by I. J. Parker

12 Sep 29, 2011
Reply by I. J. Parker

Just saw The Lincoln Lawyer. Did Connelly really write a prosecution that inept?

This weekend I saw The Lincoln Lawyer at the local $1.50 theatre.  It was a good flick, but did anyone else feel that the prosecution was w…

Started by Stuart Matthew Davis

9 Sep 14, 2011
Reply by I. J. Parker

Best Underrated Crime Movies of the 1970s?

I've been watching a lot of Seventies fare lately, and have discovered some real gems and the occasional dud ("The Seven-Ups," a limp attem…

Started by Jim Thomsen

22 Jul 27, 2011
Reply by Susan

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service