All Discussions Tagged 'author' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Long Time Not Here (but am back)

Hi all! I'm so excited to have found the link to Crimespace this week. I joined this group several years ago, but seven years ago, due to s…

Started by Marta Stephens

0 Oct 12, 2017

Making a living from crime

Hi - hope you can join me for an interview about crime writing and publishing. Noon (UK time) Sat 22 Nov & repeated 4pm Sun 23 Nov Log…

Started by Iain Parke

0 Nov 22, 2014

Charging Admission for Author Events

The New York Times reported that independent bookstores, squeezed by competition for Amazon, are now charging admission for author events.…

Started by Christopher Valen

18 Jul 12, 2011
Reply by I. J. Parker

Bouchercon

Anybody going to Bouchercon who wants to drive down from Chicago or needs a roommate once getting there? Another female roommate, that is!!

Started by Jennie Spallone

0 Sep 22, 2009

How do I ask authors and readers if they would be intrested in writing a review for my book.

I am a new author and would like authors and readers who would be willing to review my book if I sent them an ARC. I don't want violate any…

Started by Preetham Grandhi

13 Sep 8, 2009
Reply by Preetham Grandhi

Value of Being Part of an Anthology or a themed collection.

This weekend I'm attending the Melbourne (Australian) launch of 'Short & Twisted', I have a crime short story 'Playing Possum' in this…

Started by Hazel Edwards

10 May 10, 2009
Reply by Toni L.P. Kelner

Topicality: Swine Fever Pandemics and Fiction Prediction

Today the swine flu pandemic is major news. That’s a fact. Three years ago, I wrote about a pandemic threat to Darwin, via feral pigs. That…

Started by Hazel Edwards

6 May 6, 2009
Reply by I. J. Parker

Most Prolific Crime Author

I'm trying to work out who is or was the most prolific author of crime novels. I suspect it was John Creasey who is said to have written 56…

Started by Denis OLeary

8 Apr 28, 2009
Reply by Bill Crider

Real Name vs. Pen Name

Just wondered how many of you use your actual name as your author name or if you prefer a pen name. I chose the pen name, Morgan Mandel.…

Started by Morgan Mandel

39 Mar 12, 2009
Reply by minervaK

Book Launch Events

Since I'll probably have to host my own book launch, I'm wondering if I could get advice from others who have done their own. First of all,…

Started by Jeri Westerson

11 Mar 29, 2008
Reply by John Boundy

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service