All Discussions Tagged 'books' (41)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Kindle

A lot of buzz going on about Amazon's new Kindle book-reading device. Although the cost is prohibitive for most of us right now (okay, at l…

Started by Dorien Grey

17 Mar 29, 2008
Reply by Sue Dawson

Nearly the end of January - who has been reading lucky

Every year for a while now I've been finding my first entrant in "books of the year for me" in January. And this year I was lucky enough to…

Started by Karen from AustCrime

8 Feb 1, 2008
Reply by Beth Groundwater

Reading

I have made a NY's resolution to read a book a week. So far I have kept it. I have finished a Cleo Coyle mystery, Amanda Marrone's vampire…

Started by Kim Smith

7 Jan 26, 2008
Reply by Maryann Mercer

Book Titles

I often come up with book titles before the manuscript is written. I try to think of something that would stick in the heads of the readers…

Started by George Wilder Jr.

7 Oct 28, 2007
Reply by Shannon Chenoweth

Seasonal reads?

We've all heard of beach books, but what about autumn reads? I found my summer reading taking me farther abroad than simply Cape Cod, visit…

Started by Clea Simon

22 Sep 7, 2007
Reply by Maryann Mercer

Crime writers and comics

I've discovered over the years that a lot of crime/mystery fiction fans and writers also read and love comics. Lately more and more are cro…

Started by Jon Jordan

0 Jul 17, 2007

Book signing successes in small cities or towns

In the past 4 years, I have done over 150 book signings in many different cities. But I have to say, there is something to be said for the…

Started by Cheryl Kaye Tardif

1 May 31, 2007
Reply by norby

Classics

I just got finished reading On the Road by Kerouac and I'm starting In Cold Blood by Capote. I've read 2 Faulkners, 3 Steinbecks, and a cou…

Started by Jeffrey Marks

20 May 16, 2007
Reply by Christa M. Miller

I really really really really really really need that book because....

Okay I really don't care why people can't get that a Mt TBR of less than 200 books is a cause for panic. What would happen if the roads wer…

Started by Karen from AustCrime

25 Apr 28, 2007
Reply by Damien Gay

Four Books, All Slim, At Least One of Them Not Crime

Last year on Mystery Circus I asked for ideas for books for our one carryon bag trip through Eastern Europe and got fabulous ideas which ma…

Started by Patricia Abbott

17 Apr 17, 2007
Reply by Patricia Abbott

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service