All Discussions Tagged 'the' (13)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What are the Biggest Trends in Crime Fiction?

Everyone talks about the vampires and paranormal young adult books and whatnot. That's all fine and dandy, but those are trends outside of…

Started by Benjamin Sobieck

61 Sep 18, 2011
Reply by Susan

Wrestling with the pace of the beast - how do you balance thought versus action?

I finished my latest mystery and felt good that I'd been able to keep it at 90,000 words (my first novel was (until revised) 110,000 words.…

Started by Mary McFarland

14 Aug 14, 2011
Reply by Mary McFarland

WHAT GRABS YOU THE MOST ABOUT TRUE CRIME BOOKS?

I am currently reading "Surviving the Mob" by Denny Griffin and Andrew DiDonato. I know both of them and have Spotlighted them in my Examin…

Started by Morgan St. James

6 Feb 16, 2011
Reply by Morgan St. James

B&N Takes on the iPad with NOOKcolor

Barnes & Noble's new incarnation of the Nook looks a lot like an iPad. Check it out here: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nookcolor/index

4 Nov 2, 2010
Reply by Mel

What's With All the Ellipses?

Pick up a novel at the ol' Barney & Friends and check out the blurbs. Most likely they will look like this:"Riveting...a thoughtful loo…

24 Oct 19, 2010
Reply by I. J. Parker

Murder and Humor: Oil and Water? The Tone of a Mystery.

In my first post ever, I took exception to incidents (IMO gratuitous) of cruelty to animals in murder mysteries. During the course of that…

Started by Caroline Trippe

47 Jul 1, 2010
Reply by Caroline Trippe

Thomas Harris

Red Dragon was a game-changer for me, and probably remains the best serial killer novel of all time. Silence of the Lambs was just as good.…

Started by Sam Wiebe

6 Dec 5, 2009
Reply by Jaden Terrell

Best "WTF?" Moment

They can happen when reading a website, or the back cover of a book, or a deal gone terribly wrong, or a paragraph that begins with "Else."…

13 Jul 1, 2009
Reply by Karyn J. Powers

Off The Radar - Great Books from Small Houses

I just read a feature article in the Toledo Blade about a book titled The Armageddon Conspiracy by John Thompson - careful there's a few wi…

Started by Peter Wentworth

2 Jan 1, 2009
Reply by Persia Walker

Best five directors and their best work so far ...

Steven Spielberg - Schindlers List Michael Mann - Heat John Woo - Face Off Quentin Tarantino - Reservoir Dogs David Fincher - Se7en

Started by Vincent Farrell

5 Nov 18, 2008
Reply by Dwight

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service