Searching through past posts here, looks like some of you have seen "The Lookout" written and directed by Scott Frank (he's the screenwriter behind a lot major blockbusters like "Out of Sight", "Minority Report" etc.). It was a pet project of his for years and he finally got it made. Tonally, the film reminded me of book "The Ice Harvest" by Scott Phillips and "Best Laid Plans", a clever little neo-noir film that came out back in 1999.

I finally got around to seeing this on DVD this past weekend and heartily encourage all crime/thriller fans to rent it. Good cast all around (haven't seen Jeff Daniels in action for a long time! nice work!).
Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the protagonist was also really good -- look forward to seeing more from him in future movies.

Anyway, definitely worth renting or pay-per-viewing: there are so few good crime thrillers released these days.

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw this when it came out. Very good movie...fully recommend it.
The other thing I really liked was that in most crime films, the criminals are made to look like idiots -- but wasn't the case here -- they came across as real people.

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service