I just got the response back on my first short story. I am toasting the rejection with a very nice Kentucky bourbon. At least I'm enjoying the bourbon. BTW, my second story is pending in a contest, and I am working on my third.

Time for just one more glass before bed. Cheers, all!

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the welcome and commiseration. I am not at all surprised by the rejection. I saw it, much as you suggested, as a rite of passage. Now to finish the next story and maybe do a revision of this one and try it again somewhere else.
Yes, best of luck from me also. A friend said once that his stories weren't so much gathering rejections as gaining experience. It's part of a writer's life and career.
Cheers and to your very good health. And another toast too: To your continued writing as well.
And while you're waiting for word on the other story, keep working on your third! Glad to hear you have a third in the pipeline! Great!
I don't think about the competition--we all know it's out there--an awareness without focusing all of my attention on it works for me.
And as for rejections they do serve a purpose, they toughen the skin!
They make us marines--about to storm Omaha Beach--when before we were barely through basic training!
Keep going, never stop! I'm not!
MY RANT HAS A P.S.!
here it is:
We had a tradition in our house, if anyone was fired (me especially as a young girl) we'd celebrate! Yup! Chinese food--a movie--whatever. you know what it might be nuts--but it works.
You've got the right idea with the Bourbon!
What kind of bourbon?
probably Kentucky!
you don't mind ME answering, do you?!
(grin)
Actually, it was Maker's Mark. It would have been Woodford Reserve but there wasn't enough of that left for an appropriate celebration.
you must have enough!
John lives in KY so that's why I said that.
I live just a couple miles across the river from KY an am picky about my bourbon. For example, Jack Daniels is sour mash whiskey, but it is NOT bourbon. If you are going to put it in Coke, Jack is alright; but if you are going to sip something you need real bourbon.
absolutely!
our son-in-law loves JD but that's because he's English I think, and it's so American, you know?
what I don't know about liquor could fill up a set of encyclopedias btw.
no, you stick with the good stuff!
You taught me something though!
I'll have to try that good bourbon!
wonder if they sell it in England!
hmmm!

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service