An open discussion on what everyone is currently reading. Make recommendations to others, discuss what is new, hot, bestsellers, anything and everything related to books and the authors.

Views: 10197

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bad Boy by Peter Robinson
Three Seconds, Anders Roslund and Börge Hellström - nothing like starting off another month with another doorstopper :)
MIXED BLOOD by Roger Smith. Highly recommended. Gritty, violent, grim, but touching.
Dick Francis, TO THE HILT.  I came to Francis rather late, having decided that I wasn't interested in jockey mysteries.  I was wrong.  Francis writes page turners with immensely appealing characters, and not all his protagonists are jockeys.  The one in TO THE HILT is a painter who becomes involved in a financial scam that causes his stepfather's death.  I like the older Francis novels best and highly recommend them.
Currently reading FIRST THRILLS, an anthology of crime stories put out by the International Thriller Writers. A mix of new voices and veterans like Lee Child, Jeffery Deaver, Karin Slaughters and others. Great fun.

I've moved on to The Truelove, Patrick O'Brian's 14th or 15th book in his Jack Aubry/Stephen Maturin series. Just read a new novel by Jonathon King...Midnight Guardians...very enjoyable stuff.  I always like his books. I am planning to start soon on Success Made Simple: An Inside Look at Why Amish Businesses Thrive.

O'Brian is wonderful!  The best historical series of all.
I agree completely. I've been working on his series, off and on, for about 3 or 4 years now and he has never let me down.
Thanks to both of you for reminding me about O'Brian. I've been meaning to read him for years. Must start soon!
Heat Wave by Richard Castle.
I just finished SAVAGES, by Don Winslow.  Very very good book, really enjoyed it.  Now onto HAVE MERCY ON US ALL by Fred Vargas.  Very different.   Very very different.  And so far, so good...
I heard about Winslow but haven't read him. Good to hear you enjoyed it.

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service