There's a long weekend coming up... decisions decisions decisions

What should I read... the Queens Birthday Long weekend is upon us - it's the official start of the ski season (which I'll be ignoring with aplomb as usual) but if everything works out the way I want it to it'll be cold and raining and I won't be able to do anything in the garden (tragic, ah well, I'll just have to read a book).

Problem is... what should I read next (I've tried getting the dog to select the book by spreading them on the floor and getting him to sit on one, but he won't sit on command as a matter of principle these days), so..... what do you all think:

The Lying Tongue, Andrew Wilson
Inspector Imanishi Investigates, Seicho Matsumoto
The Dead Pool, Sue Walker
Chasers, Lorenzo Carcaterra
In The Woods, Tana French
The Night Ferry, Michael Robotham
Inspector Anders and the Blood Vendetta – Marshall Browne
Roseanna, Maj Sjowall & Per Wahloo
The Man Who Went Up in Smoke, Maj Sjowall & Per Wahloo

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you haven't read the Sjowall and Wahoo books, you're in for a treat. I highly recommend Roseanne especially.
Patricia - the complicating thing is that I've read them all - but these are the re-releases from Harper Collins so I'm doing a re-read for review purposes.
I must have wandered into the wrong bar. Ski season? Sjowall and Wahoo? It's warming up where I live. I'm once again happily barefoot. And we're all reading Elmore Leonard's new book. But hey, you guys look like mystery fans...
Any of these authors available in the U.S.?
I suspect that most of them would be available, except maybe the Browne one (Michael Robotham's got a wider distribution than just here).

And it's definitely ski season - when I woke up this morning all the bird baths had turned into ski rinks.
I'd go for "In the Woods" by Tana French. It's on my shelf for reading this month as has received excellent reviews. Reading by the fire on a rainy day -- that sounds like heaven to me. Enjoy!
I cheated - I'm reading Inspector Anders in the lounge room, In the Woods is in the bedroom and Roseanne is in my handbag :)

It got even more complicated over the weekend with Sucked In by Shane Maloney getting pushy as well, and thus far it's fine and clear (here at least - NSW is getting battered by severe rain and wind)!

I have to figure out how to not need sleep!

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service