International Ken Bruen Appreciation Day was launched on a whim, on Sunday night, and it spread like wildfire. I want to thank each person who posted on a blog - be it a post or a comment.

It got me thinking. There are exceptionally few people I could imagine the same outpouring of support would be expressed for. It speaks volumes about the person Ken Bruen is and how he touches lives.

It also says something about all of you. I've always heard the stories, about "literary" writers being petty and vindictive towards each other. Every genre has a few jerks. But here, we applaud the accomplishments of those who raise the bar, we respect and admire them and give them their due.

I consider it an honour to be part of the same community as Ken Bruen, and you guys.

Cheers,
Sandra

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, there'll always be a few losers out there, who think the way to get ahead is by tearing others down. Best we can do is show them that will backfire on them, not tolerate bad behaviour. I have a rule - nobody fucks with my friends!
So when are you getting Ken to join Crimespace, Sandra?
He's a little busy right now, gearing up for the launch of Cross. Not sure this is his thing, but I have told him about it.

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service