A few weeks ago, my husband bought the first season of one of my all-time favorite shows, Homicide: Life on the Street. I'd been carrying on about how much I missed it. Isn't he a sweet guy?

Anyway, after he saw the first two episodes, he turned to me and said, "You ever see Crime Story?" And I had to say I'd never even heard of it. But was intrigued to hear that it had inspired not only Homicide, The Sopranos, The Shield, and The Wire (to name but a few), but also (probably) Quentin Tarantino. Then I figured that was the end of that discussion, because the end of the school year was upon us and he'd forget about it.

However, his celebration present for said end of school year was the first season of Crime Story. And, holy crap. I was hooked after the second episode. It's definitely different from the shows named above, but not at all inferior. Anyone else remember it/own it/watch it?

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For me Homicide was far and away the best police show on television ever (with Hill Street Blues and Barney Miller a very distant second and third.)

Then I watched The Wire.

Holy Cow is it great!

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service