Anybody planning on taking the challenge this year? The goal as always is to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November. I'm using Hallie Ephron's great book to build my characters now. Then, when November 1 hits I start with word one.

I'm going to use this opportunity to step outside of my series and write my cyberpunk Mayan Calendar end-of-the-world (or is it?) fantasy. Only 5 years til the end people, better get it together! LOL

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

that's a bit harsh, isn't it? Has it helped being more comfortable?
I'll try again this year, i only managed around 16,000 words last year. It's great to get you back into writing if you've been out of it for a while!
Yes, I'm going to try also.
sounds so imaginative, Terry! you go boy! I think I'll try. why not, right?
I did 59,000 last year. Also sold the end result. So I'm busy researching Florida Boom, an epic that will feature a female con-artist/bank robber. It starts with the Orange Blossom Special arriving with the suckers, er, the investors from up north. That's all I've got so far---the rules state that you can research, even outline, but you can't start writing till 12:01 am on the first.
Right-

Yesterday I was working on a poster sized diagram of how my characters fit together. My plot is going to be so tight by the time I'm allowed to start writing. Mayan Sunset takes place in a world where the American economy has crashed and our relationship with Mexico is reversed. They're the ones with the fences and rifles. Refugees flee as the end of the world nears amid earthquakes and hurricanes...

you get the idea ;-)
Hi Terry, yes I'm going to give it a go this year. I have a couple of ideas/projects on the back-burner as they say, but may well decide to go completely off-the-cuff with a spontaneous story as the first day approaches. I have so many projects on the go, if I have an idea for progressing with the story, I cannot leave it alone.
I'm looking forward to entering this, as I've heard a great deal about it. Should be fun.
Sure I'm up for it. I've got two weeks of leave from work in November so I might as well give it a go. Thanks for the link to Halle Ephron.

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service