From Publisher's Weekly:

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/bookselli...

"Amazon’s months-long effort to wring better terms and higher co-op from publishers, first reported by PW in December, has resulted in its first break with one of its vendors. In a special alert sent Tuesday, IPG president Mark Suchomel told his distribution clients that Amazon has failed to renew its agreement with IPG to sell Kindle titles. As of February 21, Suchomel wrote, “the Amazon.com website no longer offers for sale any electronic titles from any of IPG's client publishers. All print editions are still available, as always.”

IPG is the distributor of about 200 publishers. Including mine. Sigh.

One of the stories mentioned the book "Boardwalk Empire" as one of the IPG bestsellers being pulled.

Views: 225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry to hear, John. I read last night the CEO said he would not be crawling back to Seattle to make another offer, that the ball is with (almost everybody's dark overlord by now) Amazon...

Yes, it looks like it could be a long fight. The thing is, IPG is just the first contract to come up and need to be renewed. It'll be interesting to see what kind of terms Amazon try to get out of other distributors and publishers. It does seem like Amazon is playing a long game.

Anyway, from what I can see my books are still listed as for sale on Kindle, but I'm seeing the Amazon site from outside the USA and it isn't always the same.

Yeah, I have a couple of short stories I give away on Smashwords, kind of free samples.

This fight between IPG and Amazon is only over Kindle sales. IPG still distribute to everywhere else, all print editions and all other kinds of e-books,

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service