For those of you who love the works of Philip Kerr and his Berlin inspector, Bernie Gunther, there is an interview with the author about his use of scene in his fiction. Take a look at http://jsydneyjones.wordpress.com/

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great insights into a great series!

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who misses Cold War Berlin. The stoicism of East Berlin made a fascinating contrast with easy-going West Berlin, where everyone knew the tanks could roll any moment, and any lesser crisis seemed trivial. My nostalgia is monstrously selfish, but I can't help it.
Albert,
I understand your selfish nostalgia--I lived in Vienna during the Cold War. It was not on the front lines--Austria was neutral at the time--but the place was buzzing. Sort of a Cold War Lisbon.
Syd
Since I know the postwar situation, I have some quibbles with this series, but I'll grant you that he's done the research. Where things are off sometimes is on the mood of the people. It's minor stuff but it really rattles me.
I.J. (if I may),
Glad you checked out the site. How about an interview with you for Scene of the Crime? A writer of historical mysteries myself, I'd love to talk to you about the Akitada series.
Syd
Glad to. Thanks for asking. E-mail me: Ingpark@aol.com.

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service