10. The odds of landing a book deal right now are about the same as winning the lottery and being struck by lightning on the same day.

9. Even if you do manage to get a book deal, you can make more money bagging groceries.

8. Blank, white, rectangular thingies with the number 1 in the top right corner make you want to puke.

7. You could never write anything as good as {insert name of favorite author here}, so why even bother?

6. If you add one more rejection letter to the pile, the Earth might actually tilt on its axis.

5. There’s this abstract concept you vaguely remember called “a life,” and you’re starting to think you might need to get one.

4. You’re so preoccupied sometimes, complete strangers tap you on the shoulder and say, “Are you all right?”

3. You plan to make whoever was responsible for getting your order wrong at Hardee’s drive-thru yesterday a victim in your next mystery.

2. You have erotic dreams about the sales clerk at Staples.

And the number one reason to quit writing is...

Screw it. I'm not even going to waste my time posting the number one reason. If you’re really a writer, you’ll just ignore it anyway.

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Number three is the basis of my entire life. The local school board, people who cut me off in traffic, the neighbor who I'm pretty sure kicked my cat, all victims in future novels.
Sounds like your book is going to have a high body count, Holli. LOL!
Me, too. In fact, I'm planning to write myself into the last Frank Coffin mystery as the final victim.
I choked on my coffee reading this! Thanks for the "wake-up" call. Now, back to writing that bestseller.
Write-on, Sunny!
JUDE,

YOUR REASONS 10 TO 2, SEEM PRETTY GOOD REASONS, BUT NUMBER ONE . . . WELL, I'M WAITING!

WHILE I"M WAITING, I MAY AS WELL WRTIE SOME MORE!!!

JUDE, I LOVE YA!
Funny, Jude!

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service